[haiku] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 02:26:43 +0000

Barrett wrote:

Hyperstudio have nothing to do with coldcut, it's a unfinished project.

/ I was unaware of the status of hyperstudio/

    .

Titan is extremely broken, the source is somewhat ported to windows and large parts need to be reworked/rewritten...who has made the porting to windows has deliberately broke support to BeOS, i'm talking about thousands of erros. Maybe would be helpful to get the original BeOS source (before the windows port attempt)...

/ I made some progress to building Titan, first thing was to change the build profile to beos from win, in the make file. After that I kept running into api problems I did not know how to resolve. Some testing was done by someone who still uses BeOS with a real Titan Binary, it was very very crash prone and it may have been a r4.5 or so application. There is likely to be some code worth salvaging there, and its the closest thing I have seen in screen shot and running on BeOS that resembles a modern style of DAW. If there was a media back end for QT, there are a few QT based daws out there, but there isn't a QT media backend, and the current solutions seems to have latency trouble from my testing of those solutions on linux and windows.

Sean /