[openbeos] Re: newsletter

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:12:57 +0200

>>Btw, WonderBrush was demoed at the last BeGeistert, and it was
>>already very nice. (now you know what you have to do to see the
>>things that will come next, go to BEGeistert :p)
>
>Hehe - long roadtrip. Still - I promised Charlie Clark that I would be there
>when we had a bootable OS
on x86 that is "reasonably" close to R5.

a date was mentioned but I seem to have forgotten ;-) We will be booting OBOS
at BeGeistert 011, of
course. Maybe Michael and other special guests will be there or they'll be
joining the ever growing list
of "I can't make it this time but I'm definitely coming to the next one".
Whatever if you want to come
make sure you register as soon as possible. We're going to have a nice network
infrastructure and if we
get some help building WLAN-antennae we might even go public. Note this does
not mean IRC or webcams for
BeGeistert as we just don't have the time to coordinate it all but some stuff
might get out.

>>Btw, eject was attributed to the wrong chap :p
>>I claim ownershipt :D
>
>This is fixed, but I must beg your apologies - I had no idea how to create the
>letter after "n" in your
first name (nor do I even know what it is called, properly), so I made it a
"c". If someone wants to
correct me offlist, I can fix it again. :-)

It's called "c cedilla". &ccedil; in HTML Shame on you for not knowing how to
make this character in
BeOS: what is Keymap for? ;-) Actually Oliver Kohl's Fontboy is an excellent
way of accessing non-ASCII
characters in BeOS as long as composition isn't possible.

Charlie