[openbeos] Re: news: development mailing list, distro guidelines

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:29:44 -0700

Hi Ryan,

Don't worry. You will not have to deal with me anymore. I am signing off. :)

Good luck guys,

Koki (The hypocritical, insulting, nit-picking, windbag, egomaniac that creates problems and exaggerates them as a tactic to put himself in a position to offer solutions and thus get undeserved notoriety, that monopolizes the mailing list and as a result stifles debate and drives people away from the Haiku project, that repeats circular arguments when people start arguing with their OWN POINTS, and who does not deserve any respect because he has not put any blood, sweat and tears into the project.)

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
On 5/22/07, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I absolutely agree. But you will not encourage them to do so by calling
their work junk or dismissing their needs as harmful for everyone else
w/o good foundation.

Early in this thread, someone asked why the JPBE.net changes shouldn't
be put in the Haiku SVN. YOU answered that by saying some of the
changes were not generally applicable and in fact would break some
functionality (namely proper unzipping of latin characters.) You
provided the reason why these changes might be harmful to the core
Haiku. Now you are trying to say that the reasons you provided are not
a good foundation for viewing these changes as harmful? My point is I
now see why these threads tend to get so long and have circular
arguments when people start arguing with their OWN POINTS.

And frankly you are nitpicking by using Michael's term "junk" in the
above. You frequently nitpick in these threads, especially anything
from Michael. Your own personal bias against Michael, especially when
veiled by your constant attacks against "Haiku, Inc" does not help
your credibility in these endless threads.

Also I'm personally tired of your hypocritical view of "the Haiku
developers" and how you seem to think we all much be complete morons
when it comes to marketing. Or that any attempts to debate your points
means "we must want Haiku to fail." Again if you provided more respect
toward those who are putting blood, sweat and tears into this project,
maybe you would see the same respect returned.

Ryan