[openbeos] Re: news: development mailing list, distro guidelines

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 10:17:52 +0200

On 5/20/07, Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The above example is not a clean build from the repo, nor is it
> official, but it's not meant to be anything beyond a CD for demo or
> promotional purposes. As a matter of fact, it may most likely be a
> one-time thing created for a specific event.
>
> Would this still be considered a third party distro?

I think that it is. Otherwise, what is, for Haiku, a distro? If you can add
apps and fonts and documents and still be the official build, where do you
draw the line?

Agreed. The only exception *ATM* is that we don't yet have a base
distro. You wouldn't even be allowed to call something "Haiku
Compatible". Jorge, I think that as long as we don't have an official
distro it's best to just ask if it's OK to add <apps,etc.> and still
call your particular CD a "Haiku pre-alpha promo CD".

Later, it will be very clear what the official distro is and any
modifications will lead to a 3rd-party distro, but our official distro
should at that point be good enough for promo CDs.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald