[openbeos] Re: news: development mailing list, distro guidelines

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:16:25 +0200

On 5/22/07, Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But if we say, well, you can add 1 app and change 2 pieces of the base
system, change 1 preference and add 1 font and still call it Haiku, where
does that end? Because it has the word "demo" stamped on it?

Maybe I should clarify my reasoning behind the extended guidelines:
Even though we don't have a usable distro it should still be possible
to create technology previews to attract more developers. OTOH, I
don't see a strong need for customized promos when we provide a
reasonable, official distro. What about we reconsider the guidelines
when that is the case? For now, we could allow custom promos (only
with explicit permission) to get more attention from developers.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald