[openbeos] Re: news: development mailing list, distro guidelines

  • From: Simon Porter <hailstorm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:47:49 +0000

Hi,

I'm not sure if this suggestion had been made before but I would like to
suggest it anyway.

Instead of going with the traditional way of making a distro why not have the
facility to supply a supplemental CD/DVD when installing Haiku. This way your
not fragmenting Haiku and you can also have a convenient way of installing all
the drivers and apps you need from an additional CD/DVD compiled from various
people/sources.

Maybe some would want to go beyond just extra drivers and apps but then
limiting the use of the Haiku name helps in that case.

Regards,

Simon
Try Live.com: where your online world comes together - with news, sports,
weather, and much more.
http://www.live.com/getstarted