[openbeos] Re: news: development mailing list, distro guidelines

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 02:25:55 -0700

Stephan Assmus wrote:
Hi Jorge,

I think that's a shortsighted position that will only discourage
community initiatives, and unnecessarily spur the creation of what you
call custom builds. This, in the end, will only encourage the creation
of more rather than less third party distros, something that I thought
Haiku was trying to avoid.

Anyway, I have generated enough noise for today, so I rest my case. :P

I can see your point, but what about the updated guidelines? Do they adress the problem or not?

Yes, they are definitely a step in the right direction. :)

I am just getting mixed signals, because Michael's (more stringent) view seems to conflict with the updated guidelines. Maybe I misunderstood him.

Cheers,

Koki