[openbeos] Re: news: development mailing list, distro guidelines

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 23:14:48 +0200

Hi Jorge,

On 5/21/07, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Waldemar Kornewald wrote:
> Are the updated distro guidelines OK?
> http://haiku-os.org/community/guidelines_for_creating_a_haiku_distribution

This is definitely something in the right direction. :)

May I suggest that, for clarity purposes, a "Promotional Demos" section
with the demo-related text be added underneath "Development and Alpha
Releases"? Something like...

OK, now that you also speak of VM images I've extended the part about
the disclaimer. I've also added a little note, so people don't
initially try to build a fancy demo that could be interpreted as a
distro.

http://haiku-os.org/community/guidelines_for_creating_a_haiku_distribution

I'm also concerned with people offering their promo as a download. In
the end, this could be a way to build your own distro and use our
trademarks. Though, in that case we could revoke our permission for
the promo and people would still see the disclaimer after each boot
(unless they remove it).

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald