[openbeos] Re: news: development mailing list, distro guidelines

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:36:53 -0700

Hi Waldemar,

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:
Are the updated distro guidelines OK?
http://haiku-os.org/community/guidelines_for_creating_a_haiku_distribution

This is definitely something in the right direction. :)

May I suggest that, for clarity purposes, a "Promotional Demos" section with the demo-related text be added underneath "Development and Alpha Releases"? Something like...

*********

Promotional Demos

If you want to help spread the word by creating a promotional demo CD or VM machine, you may still be able to use our trademarks and logos. In that case, you need to request explicit permission from us, which you can do by sending a message to the Haiku Mailing List.

The following prerequisites also apply to promotional demos.

* Haiku must be compiled with GCC 2.95.3

* The CD must be labeled with the following disclaimer: "This demo is based on unstable pre-release Haiku code, and is only intended for developers as a technology preview. This is not the official Haiku distribution (to be released at http://haiku-os.org)."

*********

Feel free to edit/use/discard this text at your own discretion.

Cheers,

Koki