[openbeos] Re: news: development mailing list, distro guidelines

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 18:45:46 +0200 CEST

"Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Haiku needed to consider itself in a state ready to hand
> out as demo CDs years ago - when they needed to find
> developers. It didn't, it hasn't, and it doesn't appear to have
> any intentions to before the end of this year.
>
> What were all the BeOS DR versions for again? How many
> long-time BeOS users were introduced to the DR versions?

I got my "Developer Release 8 for Power Mac" from a
magazine, around 1996/97 I think, but as I didn't have a Mac
at the time and it wouldn't install on my girlfriend's 7200, I had
to wait for R3/Intel to be able to run it. It's been my primary
system since then.

> The fact is, you can't attract developers by standing on
> your island and screaming at them with a megaphone -
> you have to enter their domain and leave your message
> where they'll trip over it.

And we've got to make sure we have what they want.

/Jonas Sundström.