[openbeos] Re: new kernel

  • From: "Vandermark, Jason" <jvandermark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:12:44 -0600

Fred,

   I believe that the reasoning behind the decision to go with the NewOS
kernel is the fact that the NewOS kernel is very similar in design to
the original BeOS kernel. Because of this, it is best suited for our use
in OBOS.  I understand your concerns, but hang in there, OBOS
development is moving along at a great pace and waiting for the kernel
that is right for us to be ready will not slow us down one bit.

Thanks for your time.

Very Respectfully,
Jason VanDerMark
OBOS InputServer Lead