[openbeos] new Teams page items

  • From: "Daniel Reinhold" <danielr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 13:04:41 CST

There are a couple of new fields on all the teams pages: 'Mailing List'
and 'References'.

The mailing list allows visitors to the website to found out about,
read, and possibly join in specific teams mailing lists. These lists
are useful in letting everyone know what's going on, what's currently
being worked on, etc. So far, five team mailing lists have been set up:

App/Interface Kit
Game Kit
Media Kit
Networking
Printing

The first list is private (i.e. you can read the list but can't join
unless Erik specifically adds you). The others are open to anyone.

Of course, it's up to each team lead to decide whether or not that team
should put up a mailing list. If you are worried about too much noise
from people sending in inappropriate suggestions, you could keep the
subscription list closed as Erik did for the IK team (he's concerned
about getting endless posts like "use QT" and "use GTK+", etc.

The other field is 'References'. This is kind of a vague term, but it
means reference material. The value for this field will be a URL that
contains extra material for that team: sample apps, docs, to-do lists,
etc. Not every team will necessarily want to set up a page for holding
reference material, so don't worry too much if your team doesn't have
one. So far only the IK team has one that I know about. Let me know if
there are other URLs for other teams so I can post them. But again,
this is an optional thing that some teams will likely not use.