[openbeos] Re: need help, file copying problems!

  • From: "Kevin Field" <kev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:33:48 -0400 EDT

> as a chain has two ends...
>
> 1.make sure the host adapter ( PCI card / motherboard connector ) is
> Terminated.

Yup, I looked up the controller chip on the PCI card and it's supposed
to default to terminated.  There are no jumpers on the board.

> Impromper SCSI termination can mess up data transfers of anysize.

If I had copied all my oggs over to it previously, wouldn't something
have gone wrong then?  Or is it sporadic, and could operate fine for
some time with no problems?  Anyway, everything appears to be set up
correctly.

> A quick and easy test to see if your problem is SCSI related:
>  rip it out,  do the file transfers on the same ide disk  ( folder to
> new folder )

That's the thing--I was originally doing IDE->IDE, and I thought it may
have been something with the IDE drive that was causing it, so I took
my second IDE out and decided to try copying to the SCSI since it had
been working fine so far.  Maybe I'll put the IDE back in, but it was
getting a bit hot and crowded with three HDs in there.

> If figuring out the scsi termination settings give you grief, hop on
> beshare / irc and feel free to nudge me :-)

Thanks for the offer.  :)

Kev