[openbeos] Re: name vote & domain snatchers

  • From: "Daniel Reinhold" <danielr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:00:42 CDT

Hey! I really like that idea.

Keep the results initially private, pare it down to a reasonable number
of choices that we can actually afford to register, and then conduct
the final vote.

At least that lets the community have a say in the final decision
rather than just taking their votes and then going off into a private
chamber and making the final choice in secrecy. It does take away the
intermediate selection from the community, but giving them the final
word is cool -- and this way we have some protection from people
wanting to play stupid games.