[openbeos] Re: mp4 reader now alpha

  • From: Nathan Sylvain <optikwhite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 03:17:28 -0700

Good to hear that the mp4 reader is coming along.  As far as audio is
concerned, have you looked into faad2 available at
http://www.audiocoding.com.  If I am not mistaken, 3ivx and Winamp use
it for decoding aac audio on Windows and I believe Winamp also uses it
to encode aac audio into mp4 files.  There is also an aac
implementation in the Helix(Real) source tree but I am uncertain if
their license is compatible witht he one used but Haiku but it might
be possible to make a binary only dist. of the decoder.

You can find any relevant information regarding Helix at
https://helixcommunity.org/