[openbeos] mp4 reader now alpha

  • From: "David McPaul" <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:28:35 +1000 EST

Heya,

        I finished some changes to the mp4 reader.  It now successfully
reads mp4 files and you can watch 'mp4v' video using the avcodec
decoder (or the 3ivx decoder).  Just don't ever introduce me to the
idiot subcommitee member who "designed" the STSD and ESDS idiocy!

        Anyway, sound mp4a SHOULD work but we have no aac decoder.  Does
anyone know of an open source one?

        I am pretty sure sound will work.  My test program lets me extract
tracks to files and when I extract the mp4a audio track I can pass it
thru faad from http://www.bebits.com/app/4070 and that gets me a file
that plays in Soundplay.

        As allways It would be good to hear if anyone else is able to view
MP4 or MOV files using the Haiku media kit.

        If you find a file that doesn't play (but should, ie we have a
decoder for it) I would appreciate a link to it.

Cheers
David

--
First Corollary of Taber's Second Law:
        Machines that piss people off get murdered.