[openbeos] Re: mov reader

  • From: "David McPaul" <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:57:58 +1000 EST

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:19:13 +0200 (CEST) Marcus Overhagen <
marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx> said
> David McPaul wrote:
>
> However, BMediaTrack does some caching by using the chunk cache.
> If the chunk cache is active, it will cache some data for use by
> ReadFrames,
> and uses a low priority thread to fetch the data into the cache. This
> works
> pretty well, and so it's usually no problem to call ReadFrames from
> the
> control thread.
>
> However, since you disabled the chunk cache in your first commit,
> this no longer
> happens. I wasn't very happy about that, but I hoped you would enable
> it again soon.

Ok, I will see if I can find/fix the problem that caused me to disable
it.

The other issue though is why the buffers are coming late.  I presume
that my mov_reader is just not passing the buffers fast enough which
seems a bit strange but there is one or two places where finding the
right set of frames is more complicated for audio than video.

> > Ultimately, the cpu issue is my code or something my code is doing
> > confuse the audio output.  But I am  not sure a media control
> > should
> > have such a high priority.
>
> It must have such a high priority, for smoth playback.
>
> Please try to enable the chunk cache and fix your problems.
>
> If that doesn't help, try to put a
> set_thread_priority(find_thread(0), 5)
> into BSoundPlayer's before it calles the buffer callback functionm,
> or into BMediaTrack::ReadFrames. But only for debugging, not into
> SVN.

Cheers
David

--
"We don't care.  We don't have to.  We're the Phone Company."