[openbeos] Re: mov reader

  • From: "David McPaul" <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:37:03 +1000 EST

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:59:42 +0200 CEST "Axel DÃrfler" <axeld@pinc-
software.de> said
> "David McPaul" <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Whenever this message appears
> > _SoundPlayNode::SendNewBuffer, event scheduled much too late,
> > lateness
> > is 35874
> >
> > The cpu goes to maximum and the mouse stops moving.  On some movies
> > you
> > get enough mouse samples to do things but on other movies your
> > pretty
> > screwed.  Take that as fair warning.
>
> That doesn't sound too well, and could also point to problems in the
> Media Kit iself, not only in your code. Marcus?

A further look I found that a thread called "<MovieName> control" gets
given priority 110 and this thread is taking the CPU time, the mouse
thread is only priority 104.

I will look for where this thread is started from.

Ultimately, the cpu issue is my code or something my code is doing to
confuse the audio output.  But I am  not sure a media control should
have such a high priority.

Cheers
David

--
It is true that if your paperboy throws your paper into the bushes for
five straight days it can be explained by Newton's Law of Gravity.  But