[haiku] mounting BeFS from Linux

  • From: bergep@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 02:42:28 -0500 (CDT)

I enabled FUSE and rebuilt my Linux kernel with the BeFS module inluded with the kernel source.  It worked fine mounting Read Only since Write is not supported.  I just had two issues:

1) when listing links like say /boot/home/Desktop/Bebook --> /boot/system/documentation/bebook/index.html
the /boot is going to the /boot directory of Linux not the BeFS (mounted at /befs in mycase).  I can obviously figure out the correct dir but it would be nice if the befs module manged this for me.  Is there simple fix for this?

2) Since the befs module is read only is the R/W BFS FUSE module safe to try?  I don't have critical data on the BFS partition but I do have critical data on Linux ext3 partition on the same harddrive.  I would not want to have to recover Linux or any data on the ext3.

Note:  I do have backups of data, but done as regular as they should be.