[openbeos] Re: mkbfs not in image [was: Problems compiling haiku in ubuntu]

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 01:22:27 +0100 CET

"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would be nice to have a single mount command as well. maybe with
> addons to parse options...

Not as well, as the only option (even though we might want to add a
mkbfs for some apps like CD burners). The mkfs command will be able to
pass on options to the file system, so there is no need whatsoever for
add-ons.

> Btw, the const char * options to mount() is not really handy when
> porting fs, I had to hack nfs to get it working...

And? The file system API changed by intention, not accidently. You're
supposed to pass in valid flat-form driver settings strings in there,
and your FS can then parse them. That's why you don't need any extra
mkmyfs anymore without losing any power.

Bye,
   Axel.