[openbeos] Re: mirrors

  • From: Scott Mansfield <thephantom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:01:18 -0800

On Wednesday, Feb 26, 2003, at 00:00 America/Los_Angeles, Sikosis wrote:

What sort of filesize are we talking here ?

According to Andrew, there's "lots and lots of files" so I'm guessing more than will fit on a CD or two (he didn't specify).

I have unlimited bandwidth on my hosting account in the US.

That rocks. Maybe we can set up mirroring or somesuch. Never hurts to have this archive live in more than one place.

Cheers,
Scott

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 11:02, you wrote:
"shatty" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a mirror of ftp.be.com/pub/* and it is wholy
shared on BeShare at beshare.TyComSystems.com  My
userid there is "Andrew".  I also have some mirrors
of www-classic.be.com and www.be.com and also
www.toyoshima-house.net/beos .  If you want me to zip
up the entire ftp.be.com archive let me know when I
am on and I will do so.

It would be great, if that could be mirrored permanently. Anyone?

I'd be willing to do it. Got a 1.5Mb/s DSL with a 384k uplink speed.
Unfortunately I don't have a host/domain name so we'd have to access by IP
address, which ain't so bad. My server's running a three-disk RAID-1 array,
and I also do regular backups to DVD and store them offsite, for a little
more permanence.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Scott