[openbeos] minGW/MSYS cross compiler

  • From: Brian Verre <bverre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:22:48 -0600

My apologies for earlier stating others should use MinGW/MSYS as their win32 Haiku build environment.

This will not work without some customization. This seems like something I could do to help bring more developers to the table. Cygwin is not my preferred solution, and people seem to have problems with it.

I will attempt a custom Haiku distro of the MinGW/MSYS package (as I prefer the environment)...

What I need from current devs:

-object/executable target needed for Haiku (elf/pe)

-gcc/g++ 3.4.2 is the current (stable) MinGW build... this workable for Haiku right?

-ideas (or volunteers) for hosting the binary MinGW-Haiku package...

Thanks,

Brian