[openbeos] listdev, /dev/misc/config and PCI ids

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:31:17 +0200 (MEST)

I've been playing a bit with listdev, it seems it uses a driver to list
the ISA and PCI config:
[revol@patrick /boot/home/devel]$ strings /bin/listdev|grep '/dev'
/dev/misc/config
I think it's used by the Devices preferences panel also...
[revol@patrick /boot/home/devel]$ strings /boot/preferences/Devices |grep /dev
/dev/misc/config
Anyone of the preferences team begun hacking on it ?
Maybe it will be better first to have a listdev clone, then making the gui
version.

I grepped the Be headers, but didn't find anything about the IOCTLs for
this device. Anyone has some infos ? I'll try to search google and bedriven
maybe.

Also, I have a PCI id list in my bookmark:
http://www.yourvote.com/pci/pciread.asp?sort=venid
Anyone has a larger/better one ?
I think we should have something like /etc/pci_ids, which would store this
database, so it would be easier updating it (a shell script using wget and
sed), than hving to recompile both listdev and Devices, since both uses the
same database.

François.