[openbeos] Re: linuxformat mag: 30 days with Haiku

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:59:36 -0700

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 2:09 PM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It's nice to see that people are talking more and more about Haiku. I
>> don't
>> necessarily agree with everything he says about the look and feel of
>> the OS
>> but that's just one person's opinion.
>
> Yeah it has some errors, but at least it's good PR :)
>
> Now, for the look, just use the Theme Manager, now with MS theme import
> ;)
>
> http://www.haiku-os.org/blog/mmu_man/2008-01-25/the_bowels_of_the_theme_manager_or_how_to_make_haiku_as_ugly_as_zeta
> http://www.haiku-os.org/blog/mmu_man/2008-02-01/even_more_themes
>
> François.

What we need to do is to read these types of reviews and use them as
constructive criticisms, that is we've been so close to the project
that at times we need the view of a newcomer to see what needs to be
addressed.
Perhaps we need that welcome package after all?  Nice to see he was
able to locate HaikuPorts and BeBits with little trouble.  Sure would
be nice if there was a way to "clean up" BeBits prior to the release,
but it seems to be on perpetual auto-pilot over there.
-scottmc