[openbeos] libroot.so and libc

  • From: "P Willis" <p.willis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:19:42 -0800

I am compiling the list of functions in libroot.so. a modified
libc appears to have been used to compile this library
so I think we are on the right track with newos libc .

    One thing I do notice are implementations of
ioctl, fcntl, and fork. Do these not work correctly
for BeOS? My information was that they were
completely  missing. Perhaps they are holdovers from using
opensource libc versions.

    Anyway, is there a more comprehensive list
of the functions contained in libroot somewhere.
    I think I have them all but I also need descriptions
of what they are for return variables, arguments, etc.
    The standard stuff isn't a problem. It's the stuff that
is specific to the internals of BeOS that I need a
proper list of. I want to make sure I get everything
covered.

Peter