[haiku] Re: kdl continue command

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 10:58:53 +0100

On 2012-03-04 at 00:44:16 [+0100], Jimmy <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wow, I just discovered the "continue" command in kdl.. You can actually
> return to the system without a reboot! Very nice! I don't remember that in
> Be.. (But I was very green then ;-)

Please note that after continuing it is highly recommended to make sure your
data are saved and reboot as soon as possible. While some KDLs are
relatively harmless (certain asserts), a KDL usually means that something
did go wrong and you may risk corrupting your data, if you just ignore it.
Some KDLs (actual crashes in the kernel) cannot be recovered from.
Continuing will simply get you back to KDL immediately.

CU, Ingo