[openbeos] Re: jam question

  • From: Clemens Zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:41:43 +0200

Hi,

its exact the problem that is descriped there but I don't realy understand whats the way to go now.

Sorry because that is not a haiku related question but I was a bit desperated...

thanks
        Clemens

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:28:45 +0200, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 6/26/07, Clemens Zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

did somebody knows how to execute a bash command with jam and put the
output in a jam variable?

Jam can't do that (though I'm not sure if there were changes made in
Jam for Haiku to do this.) In general though there isn't much use for
this, since by the time the actions are being run (which is probably
where you would do this), all the rules have already been run.

For a thread about this on the Jam mailing list, check here:
http://maillist.perforce.com/pipermail/jamming/2007-February/002842.html

What is it you want to do? There may be another way to do it.

Ryan