[openbeos] Re: it boots! yay :)

  • From: "Kevin Field" <kev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:31:38 -0400 EDT

> > freezes at that point.  I tried enabling the logs and the
> > bluescreen.
> > It doesn't seem to make any logs in /bootvol/var/log, but the
> > onscreen
> > debugger works.  It says (IIRC):
>
> The kernel doesn't log into /var/log/syslog yet, only user apps can
> do
> that currently.

Ah...oops.  :)

> > PANIC: free(): address 0x806499b0 already exists in bin free list
>
> Ah, that's interesting, I never had that. Can you do a "sc" and say
> which routine calls free?
> It's a debugging mechanism that detects memory allocation errors -
> you
> should be able to say "cont" at this point and continue with normal
> operation (ie. the shell).

It stops in syslog_daemon with this:

kernel_debugger_loop
kernel_debugger
panic
free
free_strings_array
_user_exec
syscall_dispatcher
i386_handle_trap

If I type "cont", it brings up the same thing again, except the address
is 0x806499e0, and the sc looks the same (at least as far as the
information above goes--not sure if any of the other addresses and such
changed.)  After that I can keep trying "cont" but it konks out at the
...e0 address every time.

Kev