[openbeos] Re: it boots! yay :)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:36:19 +0200 CEST

"Kevin Field" <kev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> freezes at that point.  I tried enabling the logs and the bluescreen.
> It doesn't seem to make any logs in /bootvol/var/log, but the
> onscreen
> debugger works.  It says (IIRC):

The kernel doesn't log into /var/log/syslog yet, only user apps can do
that currently.

> PANIC: free(): address 0x806499b0 already exists in bin free list

Ah, that's interesting, I never had that. Can you do a "sc" and say
which routine calls free?
It's a debugging mechanism that detects memory allocation errors - you
should be able to say "cont" at this point and continue with normal
operation (ie. the shell).

Bye,
   Axel.