[openbeos] Re: is this legal?

  • From: "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:21:21 -0400

Thanks for your reply Axel.

On Dec 11, 2007 9:43 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > PS> If you say that here then you should also visit #haiku on
> > freenode and
> > tell people there to stop talking about non-haiku topics.
>
> Not that I mind touching off-topic stuff on this list as much, but an
> IRC channel is very different from a mailing list.
> Everyone subscribed here needs to read those mails and delete them
> manually - since this is a Haiku related message list, you need to keep
> in mind that other people might not find off-topic things as
> interesting; it's somewhat disrespectful to other people's time to
> neglect this.

With that said, I will try and keep that in mind in the future. But one must
also remember that there is a specific list for development so those who
post dev stuff here should (I'm not singling anyone out) also take into
account the concept above and realize that there may be people here who
don't want to read through development stuff. I for one don't care about dev
stuff being posted here because I like to know what's going on. I also
subscribe to the development mailing list too.

> Having said all that, I personally don't think your initial message was
> inappropriate, even though not a perfect fit (there just is no other
> real BeOS list anymore, so why not) :-)

That's exactly what I was thinking. Most of the BeOS resources (be it
forums, websites, lists, whatever) are either dead or very inactive. So
really for someone like me who has recently taken interest in the
Haiku/BeOS/Zeta world there really isn't anywhere to turn but here, #haiku,
the website and a couple other sites like haikuware and bebits. I find
posting on the website normally doesn't result in many responses and
sometimes none at all (or you have to wait a week or two to get an answer).

> Bye,
>   Axel.

Anyway my intent with the original message was not to offend anyone and I
apologize if I did so.

--
Dennis d'Entremont
IT Professional CNA, MCP, A+, ITIL