[openbeos] Re: interrupt question

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:45:15 -0400

I think what you are looking for is "install_io_interrupt_handler" and
"remove_io_interrupt_handler".
It seems, though, that you will still have an issue because the current driver,
I am sure, returns a "B_HANDLED_INTERRUPT" or a "B_INVOKE_SCHEDULER" which
means that no other handler will be called.

So what can you do?
AFAIK, you can't run BeOS in a Bochs session. That would be easy. :-/
The best choice is a second bootable installation that you can boot off of.
Disks are cheap. If you have two of them, that would be best.
Assuming that you can't do that...
Make a bootable BeOS CD - there are now two ways you can go. One is to install
your new driver on the bootable CD and test by booting from that CD. The other
choice is to use your bootable CD as a "recover" disk. Since you aren't testing
file systems or anything, all you would have to do is copy the Be driver back
into place.

In any case, good luck! :-)