[openbeos] Re: interrupt question

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:16:47 +0200 CEST

burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >>Probably much simpler would be to do that using Bochs and directly
> > > with  >the
> >OpenBeOS kernel - just replace the current keyboard/ps2mouse driver
> >>with your own - plain and simple.
> About this... why does the OBOS kernel take SO long to boot on Bochs?
> It seems
> to lock up twice during the process (at first I tought it was dead
> and I rebooted).

Don't really know - it hangs in the page scanner thread, which could
have several reasons (it's a real-time thread).
We haven't looked at it yet, because that piece of code will go away
eventually, and there are other more urgent issues for now (since it
does work) :-)
Also, it doesn't seem to happen on real hardware at all.

Adios...
   Axel.