[openbeos] Re: intel_extreme driver (9xx support, continued)

  • From: Niklas Nisbeth <noisetonepause@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:06:38 +0200

I recently bought an IBM T20 for roughly 200 GBP second hand. It's a P3 700 MHz, but the series goes up to 1.3 GHz. It might not be fast enough for you, but it works. I love mine to bits and I'm looking to replace my iBook with it for my main "bring everywhere" computer just cos it would mean having BeOS and Haiku on the road...

Normally I wouldn't recommend getting a second hand laptop, but it's an IBM. It's built like a brick shithouse. Mine has a newish battery, which I suppose is the main concern, but the build quality is incredible, probably second to only the G4 iBooks (which, going on personal experience, can withstand 120 pounds of Dane accidently riding them down flights of stairs...).Yay plastic.

On Oct 17, 2006, at 6:59 PM, Joachim Seemer wrote:

If anyone else has something to add or has some hints on Haiku on notebooks
in general, feel free to post or email me privately.