[openbeos] Re: inconsistency?

  • From: Adi Oanca <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:34:30 +0300

Shit, sorry Waldemar, I just saw your email. Thank you for your support, I will reply in a few minutes. (so hungry now... :-) )

Adi Oanca wrote:

Good day.

Nobody wants to say something... good, I have decided how this is gonna be:

-> modal subset windows are *always* behind modal app ones.
-> the *only* way to reach(bring to front) *any* modal window is by first closing the ones before it.

bye,
Adi.

Adi Oanca wrote:

Hi all,

Need to ask you something. in R5: *) I have 7 windows: 1 normal, 3 modal subset, 3 modal app. *) the 3 modal subset ones are added to normal window's subset. *) all windows are visible win->Show();

any *modal app* I'm trying to select beside the front most one, will *not* became the front most! (no matter what you do, the order in which they are created, is preserved) Correct.

selecting the normal window, brings ALL modal windows in front (app and subset). Correct.

Selecting any *modal subset* window *will* bring that window in front (and give focus). Try repeating this with modal subset windows only, and you'll see they behave just like normal windows - selecting one brings it to front. - EVEN before *modal app* ones!
Is that correct?
I mean, we have modal windows, but until we are not done with the front most one, we should not have access to the others. Don't you agree?

To make this clearer: (ma=modal app, ms=modal subset, n=normal)
-----> creation order: n ms1 ms2 ms3 ma1 ma2 ma3 <-----
-select: n
=>order:  n ms1 ms2 ms3 ma1 ma2 ma3

-select: ma2 OR ma1 OR ma3 =>order: n ms1 ms2 ms3 ma1 ma2 ma3 (same)

-select: ms2 =>order: n ms1 ms3 ma1 ma2 ma3 ms2 (correct?)

-select: ms3 =>order: n ms1 ma1 ma2 ma3 ms2 ms3(correct?)

-select: ms1 =>order: n ma1 ma2 ma3 ms2 ms3 ms1(correct?)

-select: ms3 =>order: n ma1 ma2 ma3 ms2 ms1 ms3(correct?)

Thanks, Adi.