[openbeos] Re: importing hey in Haiku repository

  • From: "Malthus" <malthi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 00:57:53 +1200 NZST

> Hey is a great idea but needs work on it to make it really usable,
> ie. more
> introspection and better support from applications. I spent many an
> hour
> trying to get it to remote control applications only to be forced to
> give
> up because the necessary functionality was not exposed.

My frustration comes from trying to script the Haiku Media Prefs, to
mute and unmute the AC97 Aux channel, which I use with a old Packard
Bell FM tuner card.
It works, but only if the AC97 mixer tab is already active, and
therefore exposed to hey.

I know this is not really hey's problem and all a bit off-topic, but is
there any way to launch the Media Prefs so that it opens to the AC97
mixer by default?

(Muting the radio directly would be a better idea but the driver
doesn't have a mute function. I'm no programmer and I wouldn't expect
anyone else to write anything for obsolete hardware.)

--
Nigel Malthus