[haiku] Re: http://www.haiku-os.info

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 03:26:53 +0000

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 19:47, Pavel Kiryukhin <liilliil@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everybody
> Oliver, Sergei, thanks for support
>
> I'm that Pavel: owner of haikuos.info / haiku-os.info. Both sites was
> created about a year ago and planned for support of Haiku OS in russian
> community: we have dozens of russian, that are used/remembers BeOS and very
> interested in Haiku OS. About this 2 sites you're interested in:
> haikuos.info - is translation of the Haiku OS news into russian from
> haiku-os.org, iscomputeron etc.
> haiku-os.info - planned as promo site for Haiku OS: mirror of distributives,
> howtos, screenshots, videos, advises and so on. Since there's still no alpha
> this site unfinished (. There was old summer live cd (I don't remember where
> got it, on haikuware.com maybe) which I'll put away till alpha
>
> Sorry, no conspiracy theories, no fake portfolios, no bad intends )

Hello there Pavel,

This is a really old follow up, but only recently have I been looking
at Haiku's Trademarks.

For http://haikuos.info/ , would you please replace the website logo
to not use an official HAIKU logo (as it's a trademark that we need to
protect)?

To reassure you, I've been contacting other websites that use or
modify the HAIKU logo as their logo.

I'm pretty sure you can use the leaves from the HAIKU logo, but not
the HAIKU logo itself.  http://dev.hug-nordic.org/ and
http://www.haiku-gazette.de/ are examples of using "haiku" in the
domain name but not using the HAIKU logo.

It should be easy enough to get the leaves from the SVG images :
http://svn.haiku-os.org/haiku/haiku/trunk/data/artwork/HAIKU%20logo%20-%20white.svg
http://svn.haiku-os.org/haiku/haiku/trunk/data/artwork/HAIKU%20logo%20-%20black.svg

Thanks,

Matt Madia