[haiku] Re: how can I get HAIKU running on my PC?

  • From: David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 00:37:12 +0000

On 29/11/12 22:30, François Revol wrote:
[...]
> It shouldn't reboot unattended just due to this.
> At least it should panic with a sensible enough message...

In RAID mode it could well be disabling the IDE controller completely,
replacing it with a proprietary controller interface --- I've seen that
before elsewhere. Has anyone tried Haiku on a machine with no IDE
interfaces whatsoever?

│ "Of course, on a sufficiently small planet, 40 km/hr is, in fact,
│ sufficient to punt the elastic spherical cow into low orbit." ---
│ Brooks Moses on r.a.sf.c