[openbeos] Re: hiring programmers

  • From: "Michel Clasquin" <clasqm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 22:06:56 +0200 SAST

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:53:14 +0000, Donovan Schulteis wote:

> As an example, to complete (or rather restart) work on BeWINE,
> beunited
> is awaiting the kernel and network components of OpenBeOS.  Once we
> could drop those into a distro (say, PE), we can continue work there.

> We'd take funds raised, and "contract" programmers to finish those
> parts
> we require.  What do we require?  Components to facilitate our own
> applications.  Drivers to support "Recommended Systems".
> Applications
> themselves.  How do we determine what is required?  Well, if it's
> holding back work on our own projects, then it's required.  If there
> is
> sufficient demand by our members (applications or drivers), it's
> required.  Etc., etc.

> But we could also look outside the community and contract someone
> really
> strong in kernel work to complete x part of it for the OBOS teams.

I know this is a touchy point (this is the openbeos list, after all),
but isn't beunited supposed to be equally committed to *all* the OSBOS
efforts? So if blueeyedOS is having their kernel work done courtesy of
Linus Torvalds and co, what can they ask for money for? I suggest you
set up some kind of arbitration structure *before* you hand out any
cash, or we could see some ugly scenes.

> Any further questions, either email myself, Paul Ashford (Director
> Developer Relations) or Simon Gauvins (President) - and please keep
> the thread minimal here.  :)

Sheesh, what is with all the secrecy? <g>

---
Michel Clasquin clasqm@xxxxxxxxxx / clasqm@xxxxxxxxxxx
Look Sulu - A planet with cute little furry creatures. .FIRE!