[openbeos] Re: "heated" discussion

  • From: "Simon Taylor" <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:58:46 +0100 BST

> I know it's not as fun flaming someone in private instead of on-list,
> but please do consider this alternative.
>
> It's good to find common ground on what OBOS is supposed to
> be about, but too much discussion is counter-productive, keeping
> developers (such as yourselves) from actually producing code.
>
> Let's focus our resources on recreating the BeOS for now.
> It's more than enough. An R5-ish appearance is definitely not
> the end of the world if we're serious about continuing this project
> beyond R1.
>
> If you feel creative, make apps.
> We need more real apps, especially that elusive killer variety.
>
> /Jonas Sundström.                         www.kirilla.com

Well said.

One of the problems with email arguments is that every individual
comment has a reasonable response., However, responding to each comment
in turn does not necessarily respond to the argument. This frustrates
both sides, often leading to flaming. I had no intention of sparking a
flame war.

However I do believe this is an important issue, but the current thread
has been taken too far to be of any use. I apologise for my part in
that.

That doesn't mean I'll drop the issue, but I will try my best not to
get drawn into these discussions which tend to wander off topic and get
more and more heated.

Simon