[openbeos] Re: hardware specs -- who's naughty and who's nice?

  • From: Jasse Jansson <jasse@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 00:07:17 +0100

On söndag, januari 6, 2002, at 01:43 , id1574@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I also have dox for Voodoo 3 chips somewhere but unfortunatly
not dox for voodoo 4 and 5.

These would be for 2D only from the old 3dfx open-source linux site. In their dying days, 3dfx made a half-hearted effort to allow developers to write Linux drivers, but conveniently left out all 3D specs. I'm fairly sure the specs for Voodoos using 3D have never been officially released - nor will they ever be.

3dfx surely did release the complete specs (i.e. 3d & 2d, where applicable) of
their whole sst line of accelerators, i.e. sst1 (voodoo), v2, h3 (banshee) and
h4
(avenger/v3). Those docs were freely available on their devs site back when
there was one. Additionally, the source codes to their h5 (vsa100) linux glide3
drivers were available of their linux site at the time.

Yepp, thats right, my dox contains the 3d stuff too. Do you know if the dox for voodoo 4 and 5 was ever released?

...Jasse...dox collector...