[openbeos] Re: hardware list

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:12:59 +0200

On 6/6/07, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
1) I want to buy/build a new PC, I want to know what parts/machines are
best supported by Haiku.

2) I already know a particular device (which I could buy), I want to know
how well it is supported.

3) I want to add a particular function to my PC (for example, watching TV),
and I want to know which device best supports this.

4) I have a fresh install of Haiku, and want it to download/install any
additional drivers, which did for some reason not come with the distro.

5) ... anything else?

5) (similar to 2): I already have a PC and I want to know if Haiku
will run on it.

In that case, it would be great if there were Windows and Linux apps
which automatically check this for me.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald