[openbeos] Re: haiku.image with developer tools and co

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:14:40 -0400

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

>  > the other is, beos have a nice makefile engine, have haiku gcc this too ?
>  > (a jamfile-engine for apps are nice too :-) )
>
>  We don't have a makefile engine yet. I suppose we want one, though.

Back in 2003 when I first got involved with Haiku I wrote a
Jamfile-engine and some newsletter articles describing it and the use
of Jam. As I recall there were a few bugs so it might be worth having
the Jam experts (ahem Ingo) look over it, but in general it should be
pretty usable. Though there is probably a lot of things from the Haiku
build system that could be ported over to improve the Jamfile-engine.

The articles were migrated to the current web-site:

http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/the_art_of_jamming_all_parts

Obviously I never wrote part 3...

Here is a direct link to the Jamfile-engine, still hosted on sourceforge ;)

http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/samples/Jamfile-engine.zip

Regards,
Ryan