[haiku] Re: [haiku]how to set the grub on karmic koala?

  • From: luroh <lurohh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 19:31:44 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Skar Cat <skarmiglione.sk4r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi today i had the surprise, wich this version of ubuntu has changed the
> grub way to configure it...then my question is how can i set my grub to have
> haiku booting?

Assuming you mean Ubuntu 9.10, the following procedure worked for me:

1. Add the following four rows to your /etc/grub.d/40_custom,
adjusting the "hd0,1" part to match your disk and partition numbers
where your Haiku installation is located, in my case on the first disk
(0) and the first partition (1)):

menuentry "Haiku" {
    set root=(hd0,1)
    chainloader +1
}

2. Run 'sudo update-grub' in a terminal.

3. Unless you specified multi-boot during installation, the grub start
menu is hidden by default. You can either press both Shift keys during
boot to display it, or comment out row number five in
/etc/default/grub (GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0) and running 'sudo
update-grub' again.

- luroh