[haiku] Re: [haiku-development] compaq f755la hard disk can not detected by a cd of haiku

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:34:06 +0000

> Replace ide with ata and rebuild.
>
> It would be nice if this was a boot option.
>
> --
> Cheers
> David

+1
It would really be nice if this could be picked in the boot menu.
Then maybe we can drop ata from being a requirement for alpha, down to
a beta or R1 milestone requirement instead?

>I was working on this driver. However, I can't currently do haiku
>development, probably can't resume until September 2009.

>regards
>Marcus

That is unless someone other than Marcus is willing to pick this up
and move it to completion before September 2009.

-scottmc