[haiku] Re: [haiku-development] compaq f755la hard disk can not detected by a cd of haiku

  • From: David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:06:42 +1100

On 2009-03-09, Skar Cat <skarmiglione.sk4r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> thats mean that are practically two especies of  haiku cd? one for ata and
> other for ide?
>
> cause one of my purpose for burn that cd was instal on the major nomber of
> pcs...but i dont know the details about it.
> what can you say me about, the things and errors what i can find in this .

There are 2 IDE drivers.  Once that works on older hardware (IDE) and one that
works on newer hardware (ATA).

Everyone uses the IDE driver as it is faster and covers most hardware.

For the occasional device that does not work with the IDE driver the
ATA driver is likely to work but it is not as fast and does not handle
ATAPI.

So you should probably burn 2 CD's one with IDE and one with ATA.

--
Cheers
David