[openbeos] Re: [haiku-development] Re: Haiku Inc's purpose (was: Haiku Inc. and Haiku)

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:34:51 -0700

> I think we need to start budgeting the donations, and publishing this
> budget so that we can forecast our targets and let the community know
> how much is needed, and where it's going. This is something that I
> know several have wanted to do, but we need good ideas that actually
> work - and planning for events, etc.

Perhaps part of that budgeting should include pay to cover hiring pros
for X number of hours, to do the stuff that we can't seem to find
volunteers to do.  It doesn't sound like there's a whole lot of hours
we'd need to cover to get things fixed up.
And yes, better show budgeting. I think we now have a better idea of
what show costs are based on the number of days and booth space and
such things.  I think if this were published we'd get the needed
donations to cover them, since most people understand the benefits of
such shows.
Speaking of "planning for events" whats the status of the Ohio Linux
Fest?  Did we get a local guy to help out on the frontlines so to
speak?

-scottmc