[haiku] Re: [haiku-development] Haiku Talk - Your Thoughts and Input

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 19:12:46 -0500

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Sikosis <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've structured my talk so far to start off by giving an introduction
> on the history of Haiku and some of the features that BeOS had that
> are in Haiku.
>
> I'll be working on this over the next month -- so if you have any
> thoughts or input, please respond in due course.

You may be interested in the slides from my talk which I've given at a
few places, including the Florida Linux show in Orlando (use period or
spacebar to go forward and comma to go back):

http://ryanleavengood.com/haiku/florida_linux_show/presentation.html

I structured it probably fairly similarly to how you are planning.
Obviously I have a unique presentation style which may not be to your
liking, but I imagine the content may be useful. I devoted a lot of
time to BeOS history which you may not want to focus on as much. It is
also more than a year old so somewhat out of date maybe, but most of
the timeline stuff is obviously still valid.

--
Regards,
Ryan