[openbeos] Re: haiku ports

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:40:52 -0700

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> scott mc wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> What kinds of things are you looking to do with Haiku?
>
> I tried to build the latest Blender (http://www.blender.org), as there seems
> to be no mandatory dependencies missing. But i'm not really good a porting
> so i gave up eventually. It might be worth a look as this is a cool real
> world application to test haiku with. I'm getting an account on HaikuPorts
> anyway, great job!
>
> Regards,
> Alex

A quick look at Gentoo's Portage listing for Blender
(http://gentoo-portage.com/media-gfx/blender, click on the view link
for the specific version to see dependencies listing) and it appears
there's a few dependencies, but I don't see any red flags right off.
Feel free to continue this discussion on the haikuports mailing list.
-scottmc