[openbeos] haiku ports

  • From: Steven Hoefel <stevenhoefel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:57:57 +1000

scott,
the work at ports.haiku-files.org is great, I love the setup.

I'm curious as to installing ports... I've just read into beporter, and will
try that now... but I'd previously just been downloading the precompiled
versions and extracting to my home dir...
this creates the ./common folder with the nested files... I've then been
pushing includes into the /boot/develop/headers dir (in subdirs) and the libs
in /boot/develop/libs/x86 ... etc....
Is this the right way to go about it?
I suppose I should try a 'make install' via beporter and see what that does...
should've tried that before writing this actually :)
but either way, this is the way I thought things would be done without reading
any manuals :)

I also downloaded gcc 3.4.3 from the bebits site and it all seems to be going
ok on haiku... is this the latest version of gcc available?

Thanks, steven.
Win a Nokia E51 with mobile Hotmail SMS alerts
http://www.livelife.ninemsn.com.au/compIntro.aspx?compId=4589