[openbeos] Re: haiku on a dedicated pc

  • From: luroh <lurohh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:31:10 +0200

Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:

> I haven't been able to fully boot from a 128mb flash drive I have. It starts
> out ok, but always drops into KDL saying it's unable to find the boot drive.

It's think this is a known problem that doesn't yet have a trac bug. I
believe the IRC user "miqlas" is in the process of purchasing a null
modem cable to help debug this, but maybe you can beat him to it. :-)
Annoyingly, I have the cable myself but the com port is broken on my
motherboard (Asus A8V-E Deluxe).
An interesting observation though, once I added a bootable Haiku IDE
hard disk to my system, booting from a USB stick started working.
My uneducated guess is that whatever function is checking for bootable
volumes doesn't check USB ones in this case.

Regards,
luroh